PULSATION DAMPENERBy BLACOH
The pulsation dampener is the most efficient way to remove pressure variations on the discharge of the pump. The pulsation dampener works actively with compressed air and a diaphragm, automatically setting the correct pressure to minimise the pulsations.
It is an accumulator device that absorbs system shocks thus minimising pulsations, pipe vibration, water hammering and pressure fluctuations. It works by using a membrane with a “padding” of compressible gas or air behind it that flexes to absorb the pulse, thereby allowing a laminar flow downstream of the dampener.
By reducing the amplitude of pulsation in the system components like regulators, solenoids, sensors, pumps will see decreased wear and have a longer life. Pulsation dampeners are tied directly onto the discharge manifold or plumbed immediately downstream of the pump. Pulsation dampeners are typically installed at the inlet and or outlet of reciprocating compressors.
The industry standard for dampening pulsations caused by positive placement pumps
Blacoh Sentry‚Äôs pumping system solutions offer a series of pulsation dampeners that enhances the performance and reliability of the positive placement pump which could be potentially damaged due to hydraulic shock and constant pulsation. It complements a wide range of processes from filtering, dosing and metering to mixing, coating and injecting. These solutions have served industries ranging from water treatment, gas, oil and petrochemical, as well as biotech/ pharmaceutical, to name a few.
Griffco Pulsation Dampeners
Griffco pulsaton dampeners are designed to enhance the performance of the chemical feed systems by reducing harmful shock waves and delivering continuous chemical dosage at the injection point.
- High reliability at a low cost
- Robust, machined contruction
- Nine (9) volumetric sizes available
- Dampening effect +2.5%
- Operating pressures up to 250 psi (17 bar) – Metals, 150 psi (10 bar) – Plastics
- Made in USA
Sanitary Pulsation Dampeners
From Sentry, designed for sanitary applications in chemical, industrial, water treatment, pharmaceutical and food/beverage industries, the Blacoh sanitary line of pulsation dampeners and surge suppressors feature specialized stainless steel bodies and tri-clamp fittings.
- Maximum Pressure: 1,000 psi (68.9 bar)
- Capacity: 4 cu in – 5 gallon (.066 – 19 L)
- Body Materials: 30 RA Polished 316L Stainless Steel / Bead Blasted 316L Stainless Steel
- Temperature: -20°F to +350°F (-29 °C to +177°C)
- Inlet Port: Tri-Clamp Sanitary Fitting
- Air Control Options: Automatic, Adjustable, Chargeable
- Bladder Options: Food-Grade Buna, Food-Grade Silicone, Food-Grade EPDM, PTFE